Clothes maketh man or appearances are deceptive?

Swami Nikhilaananda said:
"I always feel that these two quotes are contradictory - 'Appearances are often deceptive' and 'Clothes maketh man"

Today I walked into Cafe Coffee Day wearing shorts and an old T shirt, with long unkempt hair. I wanted to take some cold coffee home. So, I directly walked up to the billing counter and said - "Three Arabian Heights"... The waiter had been looking skeptically at me all along. He said "Ehhh?". That moment was so irritating. I could have sworn he thought I would come to him and say "Anna, please spare some change for me" :P I got irritated and got a smouldering look on my face. I demanded for the menu card in Kannada... Then another waiter who was standing next to him mumbled something. I guess he didn't understand what I said. He then said that they had run out of Arabian Heights, and I took plain old cold coffee. He switched to English after that... So did he judge me based on cover? Appearances were deceptive, and so do clothes really maketh man?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The (fake) Quest To Eradicate AIDS with Mythical Mystical Indian roots

To each his own

THE CURIOUS CASE OF RAHUL GANDHI - Nitin Gupta(Rivaldo)